Calibration Development Engineer to develop and calibrate systems used in Automotive Fuel Cell Systems (FCS).
- Define and execute development plans for integration and calibration of functions in assigned FCS sub-system
- Define/coordinate test requests to meet system integration and calibration development/verification plan
- Provide input to System and Controls team on required algorithm functional content
- Review, organize, and analyze data working closely within dev/cal team
- Define calibration tool requirements and calibration guideline documentation for responsible sub-system area.
- Interface to System Engineering, Controls, and Design teams as needed to execute plan.
- Act as Development and Calibration representative in Sub-system task team for assign area of responsibility.
- Work closely with multi-disciplined engineering teams to understand functional requirements and implement appropriate control solutions.
- Develop data reduction tools as required
- Reduce Data for teams as appropriate
- Provide technical direction to support personnel
- Travel as requiredThe policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Controls, Electrical or equivalent.
- 2-5 years system development, calibration, and application experience.
- Experience working on real-time embedded controls systems
- Experience in Matlab/Simulink/State Flow or similar CAE tools
- Experience with instrumentation and data acquisition hardware and software tools.
- Knowledge of statistical methods.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies and employ systems engineering and controls to make such
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office software such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint.