The job has been added to the Job cart.
We are looking for talented and passionate engineers who will become part of Global Connected Consumer Experience – Advanced Development team. The senior software engineer is responsible for building applications that make up complex systems. This role requires extensive knowledge of software development technologies, techniques and processes. The successful candidate will work independently on projects around data collection, over-the-air programming, connected and automated vehicle. The individual will be tackling hard engineering problems on a day-to-day basis. The individual will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team of individuals of various levels of experience who will be driving new software and/or software improvements across the organization.
- Ability to understand complex problems in the data, natural language and contextual spaces from PoC through the product
- Create solutions that scale to in the face of big data using the latest technologies including open source
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, object-oriented analysis and design
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects while shipping software quickly
- Software modeling and simulation
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Maintain standards compliance and adherence to governance policies
- Work directly with leadership to identify continuous improvement opportunities for software development, design and engineering areas
- Drive for code asset management and reusable design frameworks
- Conduct research on new products and drive implementation to benefit/optimize overall software development
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience
- Required a degree in computer science or computer engineering or related technical field. Master’s degree, preferred
- Experience with common programming languages like core Java. Broad experience with software at all levels is a must
- Experience with common intelligence tooling from big data stores, cloud platforms, and machine learning frameworks preferred
- Rich experience in software throughout the ecosystem from embedded, mobile and cloud platforms
- Hands-on and can-do attitude in developing solutions to software architectures to meet user experience, platform or performance needs
- Expert knowledge of database modeling and data structure principles, techniques and best practices
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, different programming paradigms.
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer
- Understanding of distributed systems
- Love for developing well-tested code and products at both the unit and functional level
- Configuration management tools and automation
- Build systems and continuous integration pipelines
- Passionate about telematics, over-the-air programming and self-driving technology
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities