The job has been added to the Job cart.
GM Global Propulsion System (GPS) Engineer
Wanted: Engineers who are innovators, creative minds, problem solvers, and people who get things done!
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
At General Motors, we pride ourselves on designing and building the world’s best, most innovative propulsion systems. We do this through integration of the latest technologies to deliver responsive, efficient, and reliable propulsion systems that exceed our customers’ expectations.
We are looking for candidates who are enthused and excited to be part of our team, and share the passion of working on current & future cars and trucks. As a GPS engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global team that collaborates to develop propulsion systems used in the widest variety of vehicles of any manufacturer in the world: from small cars like the Chevrolet Spark and Sonic, to luxury cars like the exciting new Cadillac ATS & CTS; from high technology vehicles like the Chevrolet Volt, to powerful performance cars like the new Chevrolet Corvette; and from passenger vehicles like the highly acclaimed Chevrolet Impala, to full size trucks like the new GMC Yukon.
We’re looking for engineers who:
· Have an insatiable drive for excellence
· Challenge themselves and their peers
· Enjoy working collaboratively in a cross-functional teams
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic
· Have a strong ability and willingness to learn
· Understand physics and math concepts, and have the ability to apply them to real applications
· Desire to deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
· Education: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Control System Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing Eng, Industrial Eng, Materials Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Aeronautical Engineer, Physics, Math, Chemistry, Metallurgical Eng, Civil Eng, Mechatronics Engineering
· Preferred minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
· Job locations will be in southeast Michigan – Pontiac, Warren or Milford
· May have some work on an alternate shift.
· You must have the right to work in the U.S. without sponsorship (training/learning visas not sufficient)
Our team has opportunities in many areas of the business including Transmissions, Gas Engines, Diesel Engines, Embedded Controls, Electrification (including Battery, Hybrid development) and Fuel Cells.
Come join our team in one of the many following positions:
Design Release Engineer:
· Responsible for leading the design of propulsion system components and subsystems, working collaboratively with designers, purchasing, suppliers, manufacturing, quality, and other key functions
· Review, evaluate and execute product changes to meet new requirements, improve performance, improve quality and reduce cost.
· Responsible for on time program schedule, prototype timing & builds and resolution of engineering issues.
· Conduct design & process reviews with the suppliers to ensure the process is capable of meeting the critical component requirements
· Act as a liaison with the production plants to resolve any emerging issues
· Use CAD software to design propulsion system components to meet system requirements
· Ensure design integrity through virtual development & build reviews
· Evaluate system robustness to sources of variation in components
· Ensure that dimensioning scheme meets the manufacturing requirements and resolve any issues with the suppliers
Development & Validation Engineer:
· Coordinate and execute a development and validation test plan across component test lab, dynamometer, and in-vehicle environments
· Troubleshoot hardware and system issues, and identify solutions
· Support build events, laboratory work, and development trips
· Execute system analysis in support of system performance optimization
Dyno Calibration Engineer:
· Develop initial engine calibrations for early validation testing
· Develop basic calibration maps comprehending new hardware (fuel/air/spark/cam position/boost)
· Supply engine characterization maps for use by in vehicle calibrators
· Support in vehicle calibrators with requested dyno developed calibration data
· Design and develop new concepts for propulsion system control algorithms that will optimize efficiency and performance
· Optimize algorithm design through modeling, simulation, data collection, and analysis
· Provide technical leadership for advanced controls technology development
· Plan and implement test/development programs
· Works with vehicles, software and algorithms to design and release calibrations to meet customer design and performance requirements while meeting all regulations
· Provide technical expertise on improvement and development of new algorithms
· Provides technical direction to support personnel by performing root cause analysis and error correction of system level problems relating to calibration, controls, hardware, software, and architecture
· Develop new propulsion system architectures, control strategies, and related propulsion sub-systems
· Utilize advanced simulation tools to evaluate new transmission architectures and sub-systems and optimize in-vehicle fuel economy and performance
· Develop and test prototype hardware to demonstrate and validate new propulsion system concepts and sub-systems
Electronic Controller Engineer:
· Perform detailed examination of automotive embedded controller electrical hardware designs to verify the designs are capable of robustly meeting requirements
· Participate in requirements and design reviews with suppliers, algorithm, and software groups and perform complex design analysis
· Review and approve controller Worst Case analyses and Design Demonstrations
Controls Verification Engineer
· Verify calibrations for driveability and OBD II diagnostics
· Execute and document results of the driveability and OBD II diagnostic plan
· Resolve any issues found and document closure
Drive Quality Engineer
· The drive quality engineer is responsible to develop, validate, communicate, and document Drive Quality
· Works with the engine, transmission, and hybrid (if applicable) teams to develop drive quality
· Represents the voice of drive quality
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities