General Motors (GM) has openings for experienced financial analysts within its fast paced manufacturing staff. GM and its partners produce 9.5M vehicles annually in 30 countries under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling brands. Manufacturing Finance supports General Motors commitment to producing high quality vehicles, using the latest manufacturing practices while reducing waste & pollutants, conserving resources and recycling materials at every stage of the process.
The Manufacturing Finance Team supports a broad spectrum of manufacturing operational activities, including Labor Relations, Manufacturing Engineering/Product Launch, Prototype Vehicle Production, Consolidation & Reporting, and In-Plant Support. As part of Manufacturing Finance, you will be a key member of the operational team driving and executing General Motors’ world class manufacturing processes. You will work on cross-functional projects, build relationships inside and outside of General Motors, perform analysis and provide recommendations to executive leadership to ultimately deliver the best ownership experience to our customers around the world.
If you enjoy being on the front lines of making great vehicles and an environment where individual excellence is rewarded, then now is the time to join our diverse and dynamic team.
We’re looking for the following education, skills and experiences:
- Strong analytical skills with a solid knowledge of finance and cost accounting
- College degree(s) in finance, accounting or relevant field
- Experience in corporate finance, consolidations, operating finance, accounting, or plant finance; Responsibility commensurate with experience
- Demonstrated experience effectively contributing as part of a cross-functional team
- Experience summarizing large amounts of data to drive the decision making process
- Experience in use of common financial tools: SAP, Hyperion, ROI, NPV, financial statements, etc.
- Project management and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with accounting principles and concepts
- An MBA is preferred, but not required
- Successful candidates should also possess:
- Intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to apply external knowledge / information to drive internal changes including macroeconomic and industry trends
- Strong leadership skills and able to identify areas for improvement
- High levels of interest in manufacturing and manufacturing related processes
- Familiarity with budget and forecasting processes
- Experience performing key strategic assignments with minimal supervision and independence
- Experience meeting short deadlines, and managing multiple projects with accuracy and reliability
- Demonstrable experience working on strategic assignments and maintaining strict confidentiality
- An interest and ability to grow within General Motors and learn multiple operating finance areas (Audit, Connected Consumer Experience / Onstar, Corporate Staffs, Customer Care & Aftersales, Financial Planning & Analysis, Product Development, Purchasing & Supply Chain, Sales, Service & Marketing, and Treasury)
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.