GM’s Legal and Public Policy Operations Department seeks a highly motivated, results driven, organized self-starter with strong financial analysis skills to assist with data tracking, analysis and visualization. This position will be responsible for a wide range of activities including analyzing business unit statistics, monitoring business metrics on a monthly basis, and creating graphical and data driven presentations for multiple Legal and Public Policy audiences.
- Track and analyze business data and metrics on a monthly basis.
- Identify trends within large and complex data sets.
- Create and provide routine and ad-hoc data reporting and documentation.
- Developing and presenting recommendations based upon business metrics and data trends to key members of the organization, including senior leaders.
- Assist with related process development and documentation.
- Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, highly responsive, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Comfortable working collaboratively with individuals of varying roles and seniority.
- Proactive, self-starter with an ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Skilled at researching, collecting, manipulating, and analyzing large and complex data sets.
- Excellent ability to organize resources and establish priorities; must be detail-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced use of Microsoft Office, financial and data information systems, and data visualization software.
- Willing to question assumptions and propose alternative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Build effective relationships and networks, internally and externally.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.