Job Title: Resident Plant Engineer
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: Ingersoll, ON – CAMI Automotive
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Resident Plant Engineer based out of our CAMI Automotive Assembly Plant located in Ingersoll, ON. In this role, you will get the chance to be responsible for facilitating the effective execution of projects within General Assembly. You will also provide technical expertise, project coordination, on-site resource management and act as the single point of contact between the Plant and Manufacturing Engineering and Vehicle Systems Engineering teams. Your responsibilities include:
- Single point contact for tooling/equipment issues, concerns and continuous improvements including debug of tooling and equipment.
- Provide technical direction and project management oversight to suppliers, contractors and/or plant maintenance.
- Maintaining accurate Tooling Status List for shipment and installation to meet targets.
- Support new vehicle launch at the assembly plant, will required variable shiftwork.
- Ensure all tool designs and spare parts information is available to plant through internal database.
- Assist in the planning, estimating, and evaluating of new manufacturing process and equipment for installation.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure deliverables are being met.
- Attend (1) plant safety walk per month to maintain VSGA presence and site on safety.