Job Title: Power Systems Maintenance Engineer
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: Oshawa, ON
Shift: Straight Days – plus on call
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Power Systems Maintenance Engineer based out of our Oshawa Assembly Complex. In this role, you will get the chance to work with the Global Facilities Engineering team to support electrical systems in the Oshawa Complex, as well as in Non-manufacturing sites in Canada. The job scope includes power systems and electrical projects as well as assisting in covering off on a number of other key areas such as HVAC, fire alarm systems and electrical safety.
- Provide Electrical Engineering support for GM Non-manufacturing sites and the Oshawa Assembly Complex.
- Manage assigned projects related to upgrading and upkeep of Electrical equipment.
- Work with government bodies such as Oshawa PUC, Hydro One and Inspectors.
- Work with Internal Safety team to ensure a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Act as technical resource to problem solve and correct power issues.
- Manage suppliers and outside contractors.
- Potential travel to GM locations across Canada.