Lead the specification, development and implementation of cutting edge Cybersecurity and Over the Air software upgrade features for a new technology automotive infotainment system. This includes the evaluation of Security/OTA feature execution, and the identification and resolution of issues. The Security/OTA Domain Lead Engineer provides technical direction and leadership to engineering support personnel, supplier resident engineers, and suppliers.
- Supports the specification and Leads development, and implementation of Security/OTA infotainment features.
- Work with internal and external suppliers to make sure that program deliverables are defined and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify, track, and facilitate external development dependencies with other teams.
- Leads issue identification and resolution for infotainment features.
- Creates and leads vehicle level test and development programs to evaluate and calibrate the performance of infotainment features.
- Work with validation teams to triage issues and assist in communicating status of open issues to management.
- Support management reviews and provide regular status updates to leadership teams.
- Bridge multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Information Technology, Technical Support, and Marketing, to make appropriate system-level design trade-offs and to identify, capture and refine system requirements and to identify innovation opportunities.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Education and Training:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree. Advanced degrees preferred.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years in Software Development Life Cycle such as Systems engineering, integration and testing in related domains.
- Experience in one or more domains critical to infotainment systems, e.g. wireless communication, Navigation, embedded software development, over the air software updates, cybersecurity, client-server solutions, web services, in-vehicle hardware and software development and lifecycle.
- Ability to perform diagnostic and investigate issues based on limited information.
- Creative, disciplined with a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and on schedule delivery commitment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- This position requires the ability to legally operate a motor vehicle.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of software development security principles, concepts, and best practices.
- Hands on experience in resolving security issues associated with operating systems, networking, and virtualization software.
- 5+ years’ experience working with current automotive infotainment systems including Navigation, GPS, Bluetooth, USB, Speech Recognition, Microphones, Hands-free Processing and Audio Management, Displays and HMI, Camera and Video Management, AM/FM/XM Receivers/Tuners, Internet Apps, incl. Internet Radio, Cyber Security, Media Players, Text to Speech, System and Power Management, Phone, Data Carrier, and Data Downloads.