General Motors’ Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis organization is a high-profile, engaging, and rewarding team with regular exposure to and interaction with GM Leadership. Within Corporate FP&A, Long Term Planning is one of the key work streams of CPR, where we strive to conduct structured financial analysis and reporting to support Senior Leadership decision making with high quality data and analysis delivered in a timely manner.
We are looking to hire a high-performing candidate for immediate start on its Long Term Planning team. The ideal candidate will enjoy fast-paced, highly analytical, and challenging projects and will have a strong track record of working in team-based environments with interaction to multiple various stakeholders from different parts of the organization. She/he is a capable individual in analyzing complex financial (or other quantitative) problems, is excited about identifying and resolving process and systems issues, and driving and communicating results effectively across the organization, and possess 5+ years experience in a corporate environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Effective business partner to key regional and functional stakeholders in consolidation and running of the long term planning data through the LTP system in a timely manner and with high quality
- Perform preparatory activities leading up to the long term planning round e.g. time planning of key steps, prepare LTP system for user submissions, plan & conduct trainings as needed, etc
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in respective processes and systems, and able to take initiative in framing the issue and driving it to resolution
- Lead/facilitate cross functional/regional discussions scrutinizing quality and timeliness of Long Term Plan consolidation
- Plan, develop and conduct training needs of key stakeholders associated with LTP
- Wear multiple and simultaneous “hats” of corporate finance such as planning, budgeting, analyzing, presenting, and recommending
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and studies related to long term plan
- Honesty, integrity, and sense of responsibility
- Strong team player with ability to interact with various functions
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated individual with ability to take initiative in ambiguous & unstructured environments, thinks holistically and pragmatically, and resolves issues with least amount of guidance
- Effective communications skills with ability to articulate complex issues in a structured manner
- High proficiency in computer skills primarily Excel, Powerpoint is a must. Hyperion experience preferred.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task within restricted time constraints
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.