At the new General Motors, we are passionate aboutdesigning, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each andevery day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan onlyhappen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventingour industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilitiestouching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 timezones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developingnew vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our teammembers are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking tomake a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Responsiblefor improvements to production equipment and maintenance systems to increasereliability of the overall manufacturing processes. Work is of atechnical nature and may involve engineering skills as well as datainterpretation to identify opportunities for improvement. Providetechnical support to engineering, production, and a group of multi-functionskilled trade employees (mechanical and electrical) in an area of work whichinvolves the repair, maintenance and improvement of manufacturing processequipment.
- Provide pre-task planning, technical expertise,guidance and leadership for multi-craft, UAW skilled trades (Electricians andMechanics) to troubleshoot & repair equipment
- Adhere to and reinforce safe working practices
- Troubleshoot and diagnose difficult, infrequentproblems with process equipment.
- Perform equipment failure root cause analyses
- Perform predictive assessments and problemdiagnosis of CNC machines and subsystems
- Ensure a common approach to solving machineryand or process problems, through the development of Best practices.
- Provide technical training to production andmaintenance team members to improve skill levels within the teams
- PLC Debug - Slick 500, Control Logix, PLC5 and/orSiemens PLC’s
- Air Logic / Pneumatics / Hydraulic / Mechanical troubleshooting
- Follow up with vendors for maintenance issues
- Work with Throughput Improvement Teams forengineering solutions
- Implement continuous improvement projects
- Shift work as required to support productionneeds
- Weekend work and overtime as required to supportproduction needs
- Create standardized work for maintenance tasks
- Familiarity with PFMEA & Control plans
- Ability to read and interpret machine and partprints (GD&T)
- Promess servo press troubleshooting
- Knowledge of operation, programming, andmaintenance of CNC equipment (Fanuc, Siemens, Indramat)
- Review and improve maintenance procedures, PM tasks,and opportunistic maintenance
- Identify and prioritize spare parts needs
- Maintain equipment documentation and drawinglibrary
- Procure emergency repair and project relatedmachine parts
- Prepare technical reports to document equipmentmodifications and equipment maintenance procedures
- Effectively utilize computerized maintenancemanagement systems (Maximo)
- Use predictivetechnologies to drive uptime and improve the maintenance system and trackimprovement in MTTR and MCBF
- Driveinstitutionalization of the Global Manufacturing System (GMS) in maintenancesystems
- Maintain openlines of communication with plant leadership regarding status of equipmentdowntime, repair, and project related activities
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Engineering Degree or equivalenttraining/experience
- Three to five years of experience in maintenancemanagement/supervision or process engineering
- MS Office programs (Word, Excel, Project,Access)
- Familiar with CAD programs
- Working knowledge of heavy industrial or manufacturingplant processes
- Experience in Powertrain manufacturing processes
- Relevant training/certifications/licenses