The job has been added to the Job cart.
This engineer is responsible to create and maintain automated driving and active safety subsystem/component software specifications in IBM DOORS software. They will also architect the subsystem and ensure all applicable features/functions are comprehended. The Sub-system Lead Engineer (SSLE) is considered the expert for the system design and performance, including troubleshooting.
Some specific tasks are highlighted below:
· Root cause all applicable subsystem related issues
· Create and maintain applicable subsystem/component software specifications in IBM DOORS Software
· Implement new feature/functions related to the applicable subsystem
· Create mechanization drawing with the assistance of the architecture group
· Create subsystem requirements
· Review software models to ensure compliance to requirements
· Review Owner’s Manual and Service Information related to the Applicable Subsystem
· Intimate knowledge of hardware and software interfaces
· Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
· Performs complex design analysis
· Develops engineering designs (including subsystems)
· Implements engineering changes
· Communicates information to and from internal and external customer Organizations
· Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Education: BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
· 5 or more years of experience with automotive or similar electronic modules and/or systems experience.
· Program Management skills
· Knowledge of microcontroller architectures, memory technologies, and programming
· Knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN, GMLAN, LIN,)
· Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software/hardware requirements
· High level knowledge of software verification/validation processes
· Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms
· High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
· High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
· Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required
· Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
· High level of oral and written communication skills
· Results driven individual with high levels of initiative
· Experience in performing system and component level DFMEAs
· Electronic Validation Experience
· DFSS Black Belt Certification
· Software Controls/wiring experience
· Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
· Experience in the automotive product release and specification process (preferred).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities