PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
The Technical Lead/Sr. Software Developer is responsible for support of the overall Solution Architecture. The Developer will research and plan frameworks for reusable components. The Developer will execute proof of concept work for any new technologies. The Technical Lead/Sr. Software developer is responsible for designing and developing software applications using sound, repeatable, industry best practices and in accordance with GM's software development project methodology. The Developer will work hands-on writing code while leading other developers on the team. The Developer will be responsible for guidance on new technology solutions. Developers may specialize in a particular software package or coding language. This role will contribute to all development activities in accordance with appropriate methodologies (e.g. Agile, Incremental, Spiral...), application of a repeatable, systematic and quantifiable approach to the development process. The Developer will coach and lead development teams and will review the software being developed and deployed in their domain. This role will also work closely with software engineers and architects to ensure code alignment with design patterns/frameworks.
- Ability to review and contribute to the definition of functional and non-functional business requirements and translate these into clearly articulated architectural requirements in the context of the required solution.
- Participates in the discovery, documentation and refinement of business requirements to ensure alignment with technically viable solution designs.
- Ability to work constructively as an individual or in groups with minimal supervision. Understands and can apply software engineering and application development methodologies in a complex multi-project environment. Subject matter expertise across applications, data, database, middleware, mainframe and midrange server computing, network (Intranet/Extranet/Internet), security, and client platform (Including mobile) IT products and services.
- Full lifecycle application development using standard frameworks and coding standards/patterns
- Lead Design, Coding, unit testing and debugging applications in various software languages;
- Lead Technical Development team with development tasks , follow-up and monitoring
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Maintain standards compliance.
- Implement localization or globalization of software
- Proactively engage in the remediation of software issues related to code quality, security, and/or pattern/frameworks. Provides guidance and coaching to associate software developers.
- Automates testing processes by developing scripts as part of coding.
- Develops technical specifications for COTS software and configures various products based on specifications. Interacts with COTS supplier technical teams to identify configuration requirements
- Ensure development artifacts are in alignment with patterns/ frameworks designed by software engineering teams
- Lead a team of software developers and provide guidance on all aspects of software development including compliance with design frameworks, coding standards, optimization of development efforts
- Conducts code reviews. Provides guidance to software developers for continuous improvement.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders including architects, software engineering, and project managers to report out development progress and escalates issues requiring attention
- Career track record of engineering, developing (coding), deploying and maintaining business critical information technology solutions across a range of technical platforms.
- Expertise in Software Engineering Principles with focus on Java,C.C++ programming languages and Design experience with Object Oriented
- Design, Multi Threading and performance.
- Key Experience in the following key areas:
- Frameworks: Struts, Spring, Jquery, ExtJS, Angular
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2,PL/SQL Programming, Stored
- Procedure Development, Performance Tuning, Data warehouses/ETL tools
- Web Application Servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, TomCat, IIS
- Experience in the following areas
- Other: ,Business Intelligence, Kendo UI
- Development Environments: Eclipse, Jdeveloper, Visual Studio
- Middleware: MQ, Sterling
- Major Standards: AJAX, JSON
- OS: Linux, UNIX, Android, iOS