The job has been added to the Job cart.
Cyber Security Engineer
About the Information Security and IT Risk ManagementOrganization:
The organization is charged with enabling the businessthrough globally delivered IT Risk Management and Information Security servicesaligned to the enterprise risk and threat profile. Accountable for maintaininga secure organization through strategic alignment, structured governance,process operation and enterprise reporting.
About the role:
The Cyber Security Engineer role is responsible forimplementing, operating, maturing security technologies used to detect cybersecurity incidents. The Cyber Security Engineer will function as an integralmember of Cyber Security Engineering team by:
· Understanding business and technical requirementsfrom the rest of Cyber Defense
· Architecting, deploying, configuring, andsupporting detection technologies
· Creating detection content to meet Cyber Defenserequirements
· Continually maturing existing technology to meetnew security challenges
The Cyber SecurityEngineer will be asked to perform the following tasks:
· Serve as technical lead and point of contact forall matters concerning the assigned technology
· Work as part of Cyber Defense to gather businessand technical requirements and ensuring those requirements are met throughprocess and technology
· Determine how best to implement detection rulesby defining monitoring use cases
· Lead the development of the specific contentnecessary to meet the organization’s security operations goals, to include: theformation of content-specific queries, templates, reports, rules, alerts,dashboards, and workflows
· Work with Operations teams to architect theinstallation, configuration, and technical administration of security technologies
· Integrate data and event feeds within securitysolutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Security,Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
· 3-5 years working within the informationsecurity field, with emphasis on security engineering, security operations,incident management, intrusion detection, and/or security event analysis.
· 3+ years working with tools, such as ArcSightSIEM, Lancope StealthWatch, and Tanium
· Experience with security device installations,configuration and troubleshooting (e.g., firewall, IDS, etc.)
· Expertise in administering Linux and/or Windowsenterprise servers
· Great customer service skills
· Advanced technical writing skills
· Relevant SANS certifications, such as: GCIA orGCIH.
· 1-2 years of experience working as a technicalteam lead
· Experience working with configuration managementtools, such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities