Responsible for definition of requirements, execution of design, analysis, development, testing and control of engineering projects related to deeply embedded controller applications. Generates technical solutions for current, new and major programs.
- Experience with Off Board Diagnostics and Unified Diagnostic Services (ISO14229) and using various offboard tools.
- Experience with Assembler, C, C++ programming and scripting language skills
- Experience in design and application of AUTOSAR Basic Software components for Deeply embedded systems
- Provides technical leadership for advanced technology development
- Performs complex design analysis
- Develops engineering designs (including subsystems)
- Implements engineering changes
- Defines system requirements
- Solves engineering related problems
- Works with engineering functions, suppliers, plant personnel and others to implement cost reduction, methods and product improvements, and to support build programs
- Releases parts and subsystems for production
- Communicates information to and from internal and external customer organizations
- Coordinates and consults with departments outside engineering, such as Systems & Safety Engineering, Electrical Architecture
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products
- Travels as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required with minimum 5 years of experience
Preferred Skills and Experience: