A highly motivated, results driven individual that poses strong analytic and technical skills. Executes strategic initiatives that drive higher corporate profitability partnering with global cross-functional teams.
- Analysts execute all the primary functions of Corporate Finance - planning, budgeting, advising, analyzing, presenting, and deciding
- Develop and present insights and well thought out recommendations to leaders
Opportunities exist in Manufacturing, Global Purchasing and Supply Chain, Global Product Development, Financial Planning and Analysis, and Customer Care and Aftersales.
- Develop and utilize financial modeling techniques to evaluate risks and opportunities
- Ability to coordinate and manage tasks within a broader project
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal guidance/supervision
- Proactively work to resolve issues and move project tasks forward
- Ability to relate project with business objectives and results, integrate with business purpose
- Ability to work with people within and outside group
- Willingness to listen to various opinions / issues
- Work with sense of urgency to finish the assignment
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies, understands the drivers
- Collaborates and coordinates information flow with other staffs and business units for optimal corporate decisions
Functional/Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Drive for Results, Decision Quality, Interpersonal Savvy, Strategic Agility, Managerial Courage
- Strong analytical skills/ Fundamental knowledge of corporate finance
- 2+ years of finance experience as an Analyst at a top investment bank, or consulting firm most preferably in M&A, Corporate Finance, Leveraged Finance, Industrials or in a treasury position with an industrial company
- A bachelor's degree in business, finance, economics or engineering. MBA preferred.
- Experience in use of common financial tools: ROI, NPV, PB
- Experience with Corporate Treasury (eg. Banking, Capital Markets, Operations, Pensions)
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, net income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, knowledge of debt structures, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
- Ability to analyze and synthesize complex issues in order to provide insight and metrics to drive the right business decisions
- Advanced Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Can provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting and controls
- Can learn the specific business that would be supported (Product Development, Supply Chain, Sales Service and Marketing, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
- Communicate key issues for action/decision (“the 30 second rule”)
- Comfortable in making making verbal presentation to GM Senior Management
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.