Responsible for the following commodities:
Various Electronic Modules in the Body/HVAC Space
- Responsible to specify and release Body Control Modules and ensure those modules meet all requirements
- Responsible for packaging and mounting of responsible components
- Responsible to prepare component hardware and software timing plans that ensure all program requirements and material required dates are met.
- Chair a cross-functional Product Development Team (PDT) to coordinate the development and integration of products into the vehicle.
- Ensure all vehicle Program Imperatives (i.e., piece cost, investment, mass, base engineering content & IPTV) involving these components are met.
- Create/Approve Engineering Work Orders (EWOs) to release component and all fastener part numbers
- Investigation of design alternatives and respond to Change Requests (CRs) in a timely manner.
- Work with the Validation group to develop a component validation plan (includes component software verification) and ensure that the plan is executed in time to meet program imperatives.
- Participate in Formal Design, Peer and Quality Valve reviews as required by the Vehicle Development Process (VDP).
- Approve Owner/Service Manual/Customer Information Card Content revisions for accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Approve all In-process Electrical test plans.
- Approve specific ALDL/DVT/Diagnostic Tool requirements for all new majors.
- Support vehicle integration activity for pre-production and production vehicles
- Interface with Senior System Safety Engineer to Develop the system safety plan for the BCM according to the GM System Safety Engineering Process
- High level knowledge of Electronic Hardware and Circuit Design
- Minimum 5 years experience in applying microprocessor based controllers to automotive vehicle electrical systems
- Knowledge of microcontroller architectures, memory technologies, and programming
- High level understanding of hardware design and failure modes in electronic modules
- Working level knowledge of vehicle serial data communications (CAN,LIN,)
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software/hardware requirements
- High level knowledge of software verification/validation processes
- High level knowledge of hardware validation processes
- High level knowledge of automotive EMC requirements
- Experienced in performing system and component level DFMEAs (preferred)
- Experienced using DFSS (preferred)
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative and pro-activity
- High degree of Program Management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Experience in the automotive product release and specification process (preferred).
- Excellent problem solving skills involving complex systems
- Bachelor Degree in one of the following areas: Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
Individuals at this level are expected to operate with a high level of independent judgment and are typically responsible for implementing functional strategy, administering and coordinating programs, counseling and advising management.
A fully-qualified individual contributor who has thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the function.
- Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of technical products and systems.
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Skilled and proficient with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies mostly on extensive personal experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and likely directs the work of others.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.