The job has been added to the Job cart.
Applicants must have strongcore Java skills gained in a business environment along with the followingtechnical skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from anAccredited Institution
• 5+ years’ experiencedelivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
• 5+ years’ experience ofthe full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
• 3+ years’ experienceSQL/Oracle
• 3+ years’ experience withOO analysis and design experience
• Proficiency with AgileDevelopment Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
• Proficiency with SQL,Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
• Ability to clearlycommunicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
• Ability to function withnew technologies
• Ability to lead and mentorassociate developers
• Development on highperformance multi-tiered architectures (in Java)
• Experience with both realtime and batch systems
• Experience withdistributed technologies such as Oracle Coherence
• Experience withPerformance Tuning
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, buildand sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currentlyundergoing one of the largest Information Technology transformations in thehistory of the automotive industry.
GMIT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics,Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, andReal-time Computing. We offer challenging positions for passionateprofessionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5”firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on Innovation, Speed, andBusiness Value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities toqualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of anindividual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability,sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally,General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employerand offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals withdisabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your jobsearch or application for employment email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com.In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation youare requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the positionfor which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities