General Purpose of position:
Responsible for the development of tools, equipment, gages and controls systems, and the development of manufacturing processes in the assigned area. Work is of a technical nature where a high level of independent judgment is used and a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised in order to make decisions. May supervise and direct a medium size group of employees engaged in specialized and/or varied tasks.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise salaried controls engineers
- Provide programming for production equipment within area of responsibility
- Serve as controls lead for new machine installation and modification in existing machines.
- Specify equipment, gauging and tooling as related to controls engineering and co-ordinate procurement
- Process planning / implementing process changes – Preparing Operation Control Sheet
- New product / product change implementation – interact with product engineering.
Estimate new engineering change/Project investment
- Layout planning
- Design and installation of controls systems
- Continuous improvement – improve safety, quality and cost
- Production support – Interact with manufacturing group and provide technical support
- Benchmark manufacturing systems – Provide feedback and make recommendations for change to organization
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Skills and Abilities:
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult.
- Oral and written communications skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Thorough knowledge of tooling and manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable of high/low voltage equipment/machinery.
Education and Training: College degree with a major in electrical engineering.
Experience: 3 – 5 years related experience