Tool Architect - Power and Signal Distribution Engineer
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
- Design position responsible for designing, integrating, validating, and deploying tooling solutions based on Mentor Capital.
- Work with internal teams and outside suppliers to design solutions for the global engineering community.
- Coordinate with IT teams to insure solutions are robust and meet IT standards.
- Drive a common working environment and tool solutions for engineers.
- Develop and update process documents and training materials.
- Provide support to users in engineering (troubleshoot issues, coach & mentor users, etc.)
- Participate in the established forums for tool development.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Familiarity with software design and software systems
- Ability to debug and resolve tool and process issues
- Five or more years of demonstrated technical knowledge and ability in relevant engineering disciplines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- High level of analytical ability to generalize and reason about complex problem spaces in search of solutions widely applicable across the automotive domain
- Experience using the Mentor Graphics Capital tool suite, Capital Integrator, and Capital Logic
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with physical wire harness architectural design
- Understanding of Automotive Embedded Systems
- Experience using Capital Level Manager
- Knowledge of Electrical, Controls or Software development tools and processes
- Experience with IBM Rational Tools (DOORS, Rhapsody, Rational Team Concert, Synergy, Rational Quality Manager)