General Motors’ mission is to Design, Build and Sell the world’s best vehicles with the single purpose to earn customers for life. Earning customers for life is the foundational promise of General Motors. GM has a dynamic network with over 212,000 employees spread across 396 facilities in more than a 100 countries. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art vehicles and inventing new technologies, to developing efficient manufacturing plants and implementing new marketing initiatives, our dedicated team members are the force behind everything we do.
General Motors Finance is executing a Global Close, Consolidation, Planning and Reporting (CPR) initiative to:
- Process and analyze financial results faster: Actuals, Forecasts and Mid-Term Plans
- Drive for first time quality and insight from the data leveraging:
- One version of the truth
- Clean, integrated Master Data
- Common processes & platforms
At world class efficiencies:
- Decreasing manual work
- Increasing analysis time
- Globally, across all countries in which GM conducts business.
We currently have openings for experienced financial analyst positions for the product cost work stream. As part of the team you will gain exposure and experience working with cross-functional project teams with support and flexibility to manage and develop your career. Product Cost
- Enable the automation of accounting processes by gathering product costing part level detail for 130+ manufacturing operations around the globe from numerous product costing system environments.
- Be comfortable with large data and complex product costing system environments.
- Document requirements for all costing data elements to be established in the global general ledger.
- Perform data profiling to facilitate data mapping. Simplify the complex, identify and remediate data gaps.
- Establish control mechanisms to ensure data reconciles between the product costing systems, the global ledger part detail and the system entries booked on the local general ledger.
- Develop and implement Build, UAT and Validation test cases
- Develop, test and implement training materials
- Design and implement product cost data governance process to govern product cost data within the global ledger.
- Communication and Relationship
- Building relationships with technology and business management, internal clients and external stakeholders
- Communicate recommendations and project status to impacted stakeholders, including senior management
- Clearly articulating program goals to stakeholders and collaborators
- Escalating critical issues with a focus on resolution
- College degree with major in accounting or business administration or equivalent experience/ training
- 2-7 years finance/accounting experience including combination of public/private
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to teamwork and partnerships
- Exceptional organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a matrix organization
- Strong understanding of financial systems (ERP, Consolidation and reporting systems) required
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly proficient personal computer skills and technology driven
- Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints
- Experience/strong knowledge of Project Management, Change Management and/or Reengineering of Finance / Controllership processes, with proven ability to lead large scale projects from inception through delivery
- Experience/strong knowledge of SAP financial systems, primarily product costing
- Experience/strong knowledge of Hyperion financial systems
- Experience/strong knowledge of Functional, Organizational & Process Design Documents
- Experience/knowledge of SAP General Ledger
- System integration experience
- Corporate consolidation experience
- Public Accounting Experience is a plus
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.