Seat Comfort Release Engineer for Seating Systems
At General Motors, we are building on our momentum, and we are changing the way we do things. We are recruiting more talent from the nation’s top universities and Fortune 100 companies and increasing time we spend on developing—and delivering—solutions.
In short, we are currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to usher in a new era of automotive innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
Responsible to lead comfort engineering criteria development for seating systems of assigned vehicle programs. A considerable amount of creativity and initiative are involved as well as a high level of independent judgment. Experience with seat comfort and seating systems in multiple cycles of vehicle development is preferred.
- Leads comfort development process through collaboration with Seating Global Sub-system Leadership Team, BFOs, DREs, SMT Leadership, Design, Advanced Vehicle Architecture, CAE, and Program Teams to ensure program deliverables on time with quality.
- Develops, refines, and releases physics-based design math criteria to achieve comfort performance targets as translated from the voice of the customer.
- Leverages collaboration with Vehicle Performance for program target setting, objective comfort performance measurement, and core team comfort ride evaluation to monitor performance throughout the product development and launch process.
- Supports development and maintenance of seat comfort development processes within the local and global product development organization.
- Conducts Knowledge Management activities to ensure consumer performance and comfort evaluation lessons learned are captured and applied to current and development programs.
- Supports development and implementation of product knowledge for seat comfort to drive outstanding quality and program “read across” leveraging Core DFMEA, Peer Reviews, GM Best Practices, and DFSS methodology.
- Supports strategies for seat comfort innovation and implementation of new technologies.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelors of Science in a major engineering discipline
- Minimum three years of experience in Automotive Seating design, development, and manufacturing experience
- Ability to use / analyze Math data and perform hands-on reviews (i.e. Vis-Mockup)
- Knowledge of automotive seat comfort measurement and analysis methods, industry seating requirements, FMVSS regulations.
- Experience working with Automotive OEM’s and Seat Suppliers including Vehicle/Occupant Packaging, Finite Element, Mechanics of Materials, and Statistics
- Demonstrated application of DFSS and/or Red X problem solving skills
- Experience with complete seat systems and components (frame, foam, trim, lumbar, vent, etc.)
- Familiar with mechanical component / subsystem design, GD&T, and DFMEAs