The job has been added to the Job cart.
Partnering Globally to Deliver Expert Facility Solutions
Unleashing the capacity of people, machines, buildings and workspaces
Job Posting – FacilitiesMechanical Engineer
As a member of our Global Team youwill support the workplace transformation within a wide range of facilitiesthat GM has around the world. You will work with an industry leading team thatdesigns, builds/constructs, and maintains facilities and building assets forvast operating functions. Doing so in a safe, compliant, cost efficient mannerthat utilizes advanced technology to support social & ecologicalsustainability.
We create the future and not justplan for it!
Key activities you’ll be engaged in;
·Problem Solving - Usesrigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions;probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellentat unbiased analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the firstanswers.
·Strategic Planning - Seesahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; hasbroad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paintcredible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can createcompetitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
· Customer Satisfaction- Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers;gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in productsand services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effectiverelationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
· Delivering High QualityOutcomes – Engineering high quality, sustainable systems and processes thatsustain future business productivity in multiple types of business units.Ensures that the facility management team is positioned to succeed amidchanging business trends.
· Innovation Management- Bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment aboutwhich creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing thecreative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming; can projecthow potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
Key qualities you should have;
· BSMechanical Engineering (MS/professional certifications preferred) or equivalenttraining/experience
· Technicalaptitude for design, maintenance and operation of industrial buildingmechanical systems
· Experiencein project planning, engineering and execution
The policy ofGeneral Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employeeson an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex,religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors iscommitted to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offersopportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search orapplication for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In youremail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you arerequesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position forwhich you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities