Job Title: Environmental Officer
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: CAMI Facility, Ingersoll, ON
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Environmental Officer based out of our CAMI Assembly facility in Ingersoll, Ontario. In this role, you will get the chance to improve General Motors’ environmental performance and develop a thorough understanding of our environmental footprint at an automotive manufacturing operation. Key responsibilities and deliverables include:
- Ensure Plant complies with all applicable environmental regulations and GM guidelines.
- Address potential noncompliance items immediately whenever possible and implement irreversible corrective action.
- Maintain knowledge of the plant manufacturing systems including wastewater discharges, storm water management, air emissions impacts, sewer systems, chemical usage, and waste management/recycling programs, to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Communicate environmental requirements and performance, utilizing plant scorecards and business plan deployment tools, to plant personnel, as appropriate to ensure their understanding and support.
- Interface with other Regional Environmental Officers, departments, divisions/groups, suppliers, and/or other customers.
- Support headquarters and corporate data needs, including surveys, plant profiles, websites, etc.
- Maintain the plant’s conformance with Environmental Management System
- Initiate, implement and/or support environmental projects and programs.
- Support and assist (where necessary) plant cross-functional activities with other departments to ensure achievement of common goals and objectives.
- Participate in and coordinate environmental outreach activities and environmental awareness programs.
- Identify and implement cost and waste reduction initiatives.