GM’s Global Ethics and Compliance Department seeks an experienced legal program/project management professional to utilize legal program/project management principles to assist the compliance function with managing the Compliance training program, compliance training course development projects, the legal department training program, and compliance communications projects – efficiently, on time, and on budget. This position will be responsible for budgeting, workflow, and project management activities in partnership with the GM attorneys and compliance training stakeholders from other departments.
Project Scoping, Planning, and Budget Development
- Develop project plans, estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals and provide input in budget creation.
- Assist compliance teams in defining scope, goals and deliverables.
- Develop project calendaring, timeline, and milestone development.
Program Management and Reporting
- Work with compliance training vendors to deliver courses according to established project plans, manage unforeseen project difficulties, manage project calendar, and drive projects to completion.
- Assist with managing the various compliance training programs, including the annual corporate required training program and new hire compliance training program
- Work with the Legal Department to plan, schedule, and coordinate training events.
- Run training completion reports, draft completion reports for stakeholders, including the Audit Committee and Board.
- Develop project documentation and reports, including preparation of project financial analysis and project metrics.
- Highly professional with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Must understand project management methodology and be able to adapt it to suit the needs of a legal/professional services environment, including with legal teams relatively new to legal project management principles.
- Sufficient understanding of compliance programs to be able to efficiently project manage key compliance deliverables.
- Experience in managing large projects with complex variables and budgets.
- Comfortable working collaboratively with attorneys, paralegals, and other legal personnel.
- Needs to be a self-starter with a positive attitude, persistence, and determination, while still being collaborative.
- Excellent ability to organize resources and establish priorities; must be detail-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, including Excel, and financial and data information systems.
- Willing to question assumptions and propose alternative solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Build effective relationships and networks, internally and externally.
Education, Certifications, and/or Experience:
- Three plus years of program and project management experience within a professional services environment.
- Legal or compliance experience preferred, whether as a legal project manager, program manager, or paralegal.
- Formal project management qualification preferred, such as PMP.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with Lean/Six Sigma project/process management principles desirable.