About Us: At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
The Plant Floor Systems Execution Engineer is responsible for supporting the automation execution teams and plants with technical issues resolution, providing technical direction, executing PFS common processes and procedures and driving continuous improvement. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. Work may involve development, testing and piloting of advanced process technology.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide PFS technical execution support for North American assembly operations as required
- Provide technical expertise on the design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of the PFS systems
- Providing technical direction and oversight to outside vendor sources
- Work may be independent in nature, or require the assistance from plant personnel.
- Support project teams with commissioning of PFS system throughout North America.
- Support plants with root cause identification of process and/or PFS related issues.
- Act as direct interface between IT and the execution teams as well as other support organizations
- Audit PFS hardware and software implementations for adherence to standards
- Drive solutions using common systems and global standards
- Provide PFS Execution training and guidance to suppliers and execution engineers
- Create, maintain and improve PFS standardized work, processes and procedures
- Actively gather and drive closure of lessons learned
- Prior experience in PLC, HMI programming, Ethernet and Devicenet networks
- Ability to root cause PFS issues on-site
- Experience in field for 3 to 10+ years
- Demonstrated Excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple challenging projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Self –motivated and ability to multitask
- Ability to provide technical direction to others face-to-face and remotely
- Proven ability in project management skills and ability to teach others
- Multiple different ME assignments with successful individual achievements or strong team-based achievements
- High level of engineering and problem solving skills
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Thorough knowledge of the GA tooling and manufacturing processes.
Education: BS degree or equivalent experience
- Working Knowledge of plant floor systems including Error Proofing, Production Monitoring and Control, Andon Systems, Upload/Download and Compare, Throughput and Material Call
- Prior Work Experience on General Motors Tooling Systems with knowledge of Common Controls Hardware and Common Controls Software Standards
- Working knowledge of Manufacturing related IT systems used by General Motors including Global Standard Inspection Process (GSIP), Global Enterprise Production and Information Control System(GEPICS), Global Production Monitoring and Controls (GPM&C) and MASS (Upload, Download and compare).
- Working knowledge of GMIT Launch Processes
- Plant job assignments 2-3 years
- Demonstrates maintenance of technical competency in relevant field
- Demonstrated understanding of plant floor and product design manufacturability
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.