Software Test Developer and System Behavior SME
The candidate will be responsible for software testing design, planning, scripting and execution of test procedures within the Infotainment space
The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, to work successfully in a fast-paced environment including multiple platforms and architectures, diverse technologies and lab environments. The individual will work closely with program managers, developers, validation, systems engineers and other stakeholders, executing test iterations, tracking /reporting results, troubleshooting and coordinating defect resolution. The individual should have a strong understanding of electrical systems as well as experience in multiple SW testing methodologies. This is a job that requires a great deal of collaboration with multiple teams, leading the system behavior (as well as other) testing development activities aligned with overall defined strategy.
• Interact with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
• Design and create test conditions and scripts to ensure full test coverage
• Use tools, SBT methodology and techniques to execute test cases and build/script new tools for performing testing
• Manage the automation testing effort for SBT including timing etc.
• Execute and analysis of test results.
• Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
• Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate
• Learn and become certified in System Behavior Testing
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
• 3 + years of relevant work experience in development and/or testing role.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Technical background and an understanding of the auto industry/electrical systems
• Good development/scripting skills in common languages like VB, JAVA, PERL, C++, etc
• Database skills, mainly in Oracle and SQL Server
• Good experience with different Operating Systems
• Knowledge of automated testing tools
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
• Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
• Well versed in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web Systems, Electrical Engineering,