Component Software Validation SME
Responsible for oversight of software validation of multiple electronic components. Responsible for working with Electrical Component Validation Engineers and Suppliers in providing component software validation, design and strategy expertise to ensure a robust design, along with timely delivery of software validation requirements. Responsible for reviewing a supplier’s software development capabilities and test methods to ensure adequate sourcing selections. Provide technical direction and support in determining root cause of software issues and software/hardware interfaces. Work with various internal GM engineering departments and external suppliers on software development and provide knowledgeable insight on complex issues and up to date test methods. Initiate and support software design reviews for new or updated designs. Travel as required
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Basic Required Skills:
- BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Math
, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in writing, debugging, testing, and releasing software for automotive embedded or IT systems.
- Proficient in C/C++ programming languages.
- Experience in model driven software development.
- Ability to understand and assess different software abstraction layers, software architectures, and software design solutions.
- Familiar in CAN/GMLAN or other communication protocols.
- Ability to read, interpret and generate engineering drawings and specifications.
- Proficient computer skills including test programming, analyzing data, writing test reports.
- High level of analytical ability where problems are complex and unusual.
- Time management skills to meet agreed upon customer deliverables, able to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with local and international product development partners to meet mutual goals.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of design.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Understanding of design/manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work independently and is self-driven for optimum results.