At the new General Motors,we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s bestvehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is thehallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehiclescan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process ofreinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt andOnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching sixcontinents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing newvehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team membersare valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals whoare looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconiccompanies.
GeneralPurpose of Position:
Leadengineer (responsible/accountable) for assuring the plant capacity is adequatefor allocated demand and that there is a clear, actionable plan for migratingthe assigned plant(s) towards the stamping plant vision.
- Develop/refineBill of Operations (BoO) or Bill of Equipment (BoE) for assigned Stamping FocusAreas.
- Assessassigned stamping plants to the Bill of Operations or Equipment.
- ConductBoE/BoO reviews for assigned plants to develop action plans for closing gap tothe BoE/BoO.
- Maintainsregular Face-to-face contact with each assigned stamping plant to review gapclosure plans.
- Drivefulfillment of plant vision migration plans
- Workwith Program MSIE’s to develop plans to most efficiently fund and utilize fourwalls program money to migrate plants to vision state.
- Monitors and balances stamping utilization
- Develops, analyzes and presents projectinformation
- Coordinates implementation of projects
- Conducts special cost & capacitystudies
- Recommends new methods of operation andwork standards
- Optimizes use of floor space, materials,personnel and equipment
- Assists in planning facilities andoperations
- Evaluates sheet metal allocations
- Leads coordination of reallocations andfactory assist
- Collegedegree required (or equivalent experience)
- Engineeringor technical degree preferred
- Workingknowledge of stamping dies, and press systems
- Workingknowledge of stamping part processing
- Workingknowledge of stamping manufacturing operations
- Priorstamping plant experience - preferred
- Somework experience in a GM UAW Press Metal Fabrication Plant - preferred.
- Extensivework experience (min. 5 yrs) related to all aspects of sheet metal stampingmanufacturing – including, but not limited to, equipment, tools, material flow,labor contracts, die construction, stamping facility infrastructure, andgeneral industrial manufacturing terms and practices
- Understandingof GM Stamping Bill of Process (BOP) and GM die construction timing andmilestones - preferred
- Comprehensionof the Vehicle Development Processes and milestones (DSI, VPI, Etc.) -preferred
- Commandof Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint) -required
- Understandingof GM Financial processes (AR, SAP, Business Case Analysis) and GM Financialinvestment classifications (Land Improvements, Buildings, M&E, Tooling,Operations) - preferred
- Multi-disciplined plant experience - preferred
- Understanding of 24HC(TPD) & MPD2- preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Lean ManufacturingPrinciples - required
- Abilityto work with ambiguity and lack of information – required
- PoliticalSavvy – required
- Strongverbal and written communication skills – required
- Strongorganizational skills - required
- ManagerialCourage – required
- Managingvision and purpose – required