Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
HRBP Engineering - Canadian Technical Centre
Locations: Oshawa & Markham
At General Motors, we are passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We are driving forward, accelerating change and opening the door to new thinking and advanced technology. General Motors of Canada strives for an open, interactive, and dynamic work environment that promotes a rapid exchange of ideas and information. Our employees represent a true cross-section of cultures, demographics, and lifestyles, which help General Motors to succeed worldwide. General Motors of Canada is continually looking for qualified candidates who have the ideas and ambition to drive GM forward as a faster moving, more agile, highly innovative developer, manufacturer, and marketer of automotive components and vehicles.
Interested in joining a company that is driving the future of the automotive industry? The career you have been looking for may be waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Be a strategic HR advisor to senior management within the organization, understanding the business and its external environment.
- Influence the strategic agenda of the organization by building relationships at all levels to gain commitment and belief that HR can contribute to business results.
- Ensure that operational excellence in HR is delivered by providing excellent HR service delivery, driving for uniform and best practice delivery.
- Work closely with assigned functions specific management and employees to improve working relationships, build engagement, increase productivity, manage performance and attract and retain talent.
- Develop, facilitate and execute change management & organizational development initiatives
- Partner with Centers of Expertise resources/shared service partners to ensure timely and high quality delivery of HR services/programs.
- Partner with executives and business leaders to develop and execute a robust talent identification and management strategy and approach for business functions.
- Ensure HR strategy is fully integrated into business strategy and workforce plan.
- Provides talent/performance management guidance to management/employees (coaching, career development, disciplinary actions, and crisis relations).
- Analyze HR and staffing trends/metrics to identify opportunities & develop relevant HR solutions.
- Communicate / educate business leaders and employees on significant, relevant changes in HR policies and programs, and applicable legislation.
- Understand legal requirements at execution level related to management of employees, reducing risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Consult with leaders, provide guidance on business unit restructuring, specific transformation efforts, job design, succession & progression planning, and work force planning.
- Identify training and leadership developmental needs for the assigned business as a systemic strategy.