The Controls Test Engineer is responsible for verification and validation of embedded controls for Electrification products, specifically in the area of High Voltage Controls
- Create validation and verification tests to ensure designs are of high quality
- Work with Calibration and other cross functional teams to support root cause issues and drive them to closure.
- Execute Validation Testing Complete (VTC), Diagnostics Operation Evaluation (DOE) and Production Vehicle Evaluation Testing (PVET) testing for Electrification programs
Responsible for developing and executing controls testing for High Voltage control systems.
- Ensure software meets High Voltage requirements through validation/verification
- Develop controls test plans and procedures
- Support technical review board by developing test procedures to accurately test controls software
- Develop automated test procedures that can be run on the HIL and or vehicle
- Execute verification and validation testing on time and with quality to meet program milestones
- Provide validation status to leadership and the appropriate program teams
- Collaborate with other Controls Test Engineers and share best practices
- Collaborate with algorithm design development engineers, technical specialists and calibrators to improve controls algorithms.
- Support issue resolution
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Required Skills and Experience
- BSE, BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science is required
- Minimum 2 years of algorithm design development and testing engineering processes and procedures
- Experience in Matlab, Simulink, and Stateflow
- Experience in ETAS, Vector Tools, and C Software
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Very high level of analytical problem solving skills where problems are very unusual and extremely difficult.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- DFSS Certification; Black Belt preferred
- C, C++, C#, Python, and Java
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, or protected veteran status.