The job has been added to the Job cart.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Detroit,MI (GM World Headquarters-Ren Cen)
About the General Motors Global Connected Consumer Experience IT Team:
At GCCX, we don’t design the transportation. We design the transportation experience. GCCX IT employees develop the technology enabling a new generation of connected vehicles. This technology is a key enabler to things like smarter car sharing programs, more advanced active safety and even autonomous driving. These capabilities exist through the largest implementation of 4G LTE in the automotive industry and a vehicle wired to collect thousands of data elements. Our environment requires an architecture that can support over 900,000 vehicle transactions per hour with sub-second response times. 4G LTE capability has been described as an untapped, under-appreciated opportunity valued at $350M in improved 2018 profits. The innovation our teams are driving is game changing to the consumer, to the industry and to the company.
About the Role
* Leads a team of testers in a Business Process
* Assigns daily tasks to team members
* Manages performance of Team
* Perform test and production environment smoke testing
* Execute manual test cases
* Communicate test defects
* Participate in defect triage calls, as required, to expedite defect resolution
* Capture screen shots, log files, etc…
* Identify and communicate testing gaps within test team
* Compiles and Reports daily test results to Test Project Manager
* Trains team members in test best practices
* Attends sessions to write test scenarios
* Writes Test Scripts
* Develop Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM)
* Desire to work in a fast paced, highly integrated, technology environment
* Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution
* 5 - 10 years of software development and/or software testing experience
* 3 years’ experience with DB Tools such as SQL and Oracle
* 1-3 years of people management
* Experience writing test cases
* Working knowledge of SQL and Oracle
* Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
* High level of sound logic and analytical ability where problems are unusual and extremely difficult
* Highly developed oral and written communications skills
* High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
* 5+ years’ experience with ALM
* Experience with Software test tools such as load runner, win runner
* Experience with either real time or batch systems
* Experience testing in agile
* Experience in Mobile and/or Communications testing
* Working knowledge of tools like cucumber to support behavior-driven development (BDD).
* Test Automation implementation experience
* Experience with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
* Experience with OO analysis and design
* 1 -5 years of software development experience with Java
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities