Job Title: Facilities Management Representative - Canadian Technical Centre
Employee Status: Full Time - Salaried
Location: Oshawa, ON with travel to Markham, ON
At General Motors, we’re passionate about earning customers for life. This vision unites us as a team every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. We’re looking for drivers, not passengers, who want to take their careers into the fast lane and reach new destinations through accelerating change, new thinking and advanced technologies.
Interested in joining a company where you’ll play a part in selling a product that’s linked to one of the most passionate buying experiences a person can have? Or a culture where your ideas will be listened to and encouraged? How about a team that’s driving the future of the automotive industry through innovation and development? And did we mention all of this is being done right here in Canada? The career you’ve been looking for is waiting for you at General Motors of Canada.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are currently looking for you to take on the role of Facilities Management Rep for our Canadian Technical Centers (CTC) based out of our Oshawa, ON location (80%) with travel to our Markham, ON location (20%). In this role, you will get the chance to work with the client and our service providers to ensure the upkeep of our facilities. You will oversee projects related to upgrades, general maintenance of the facilities and ensuring we have a safe working environment for our employees. To this, you will:
- Single Point of Contact and Building Owner for all Global Facilities issues.
- Development and administration of Service Contracts.
- Monitor Service Provider’s performance ensuring the Service Agreement is met.
- Responsible for Canadian Technical Centers in both Oshawa and Markham.
- Act as a single point of contact for the building tenants, interfacing daily.
- Ensure a high quality and timely delivery of building maintenance and housekeeping services.
- Responsible to ensure the Service Provider is complying with GM Global Safety standards.
- Drives strategic and analytical planning to optimize building and facility services.
- Responsible to ensure the Service Provider is delivering efficient and timely execution, as well as driving continuous improvements and sharing lessons learned.
- Responsible for supporting the workspace transformation projects by actively partnering with our Space Planning team
- Ensuring escalation and resolution of daily tenant needs and longer term projects by pulling in the required.