At the new General Motors, we are passionateabout designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. Thisvision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of ourcustomer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicles can only happenwith the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing ourindustry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speakmore than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing andengineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles andtechnologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valuedfor their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who arelooking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
- Develop/refine Bill of Operations (BoO) or Bill of Equipment (BoE) for assigned Stamping Focus Areas.
- Assess assigned stamping plants to the Bill of Operations or Equipment.
- Conduct BoE/BoO reviews for assigned plants to develop action plans for closing gap to the BoE/BoO.
- Maintains regular Face-to-face contact with each assigned stamping plant to review gap closure plans.
- Drive fulfillment of plant vision migration plans
- Work with Program MSIE’s to develop plans to most efficiently fund and utilize four walls program money to migrate plants to vision state.
- Monitors and balances stamping utilization
- Develops, analyzes and presents project information
- Coordinates implementation of projects
- Conducts special cost & capacity studies
- Recommends new methods of operation and work standards
- Optimizes use of floor space, materials, personnel and equipment
- Assists in planning facilities and operations
- Evaluates sheet metal allocations
- Leads coordination of reallocations and factory assist
College degree required (or equivalent experience)
Engineering or technical degree preferred
- Working knowledge stamping, dies, and press systems
- Working knowledge of stamping part processing
- Working knowledge of stamping manufacturing operations
- Prior stamping plant experience - preferred
- Some work experience in a GM UAW Press Metal Fabrication Plant - required.
- Extensive work experience (min. 8 yrs) related to all aspects of sheet metal stamping manufacturing – including, but not limited to, equipment, tools, material, labor contracts, die construction, stamping facility infrastructure, and general industrial manufacturing terms and practices
- Understanding of GM Stamping Bill of Process (BOP) and GM die construction timing and milestones
- Comprehension of the Vehicle Development Processes and milestones (DSI, VPI, Etc.)
- Command of Microsoft Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint)
- Understanding of GM Financial processes (AR, SAP, Business Case Analysis) and GM Financial investment classifications (Land Improvements, Buildings, M&E, Tooling, Operations).
- Multi-disciplined plant experience is preferred
- Understanding of 24HC(TPD) & MPD2 is a strong plus
- Knowledge stamping presses and automation
- Thorough knowledge of GMS
The policy of General Motors is toextend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basisregardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin,disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal EmploymentOpportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers includingindividuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assistwith your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.