The job has been added to the Job cart.
At the new General Motors, we are passionate about designing, building and selling the world’s best vehicles. This vision unites us as a team each and every day and is the hallmark of our customer-driven culture. Making the world’s best vehicle scan only happen with the world’s greatest employees. GM is in the process of reinventing our industry with innovative products like the Chevy Volt and OnStar. Our 202,000 employees work in 158 facilities touching six continents, they speak more than 50 languages and touch 23 time zones. From designing and engineering state-of-the-art plants and developing new vehicles and technologies to creating new marketing programs, our team members are valued for their unique contributions. We are seeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’s most iconic companies.
Process Technical Engineer - Body
Key Job Elements:
Create and implement daily quality control procedures for body shop dimensional and dispense control. Support daily quality control procedures for body shop welding, fastening and metal finish.
• Provide a safe work environment
• Group leader for Dimensional Op Techs and CMM Operators
• Manage body dispense and dimensional control procedures
• Provide corrective action for customer dis-satisfiers
• Be a technical resource for skilled trades and production teams
• Support the maintenance & engineering group for all activities, including breakdowns & project planning
• Support production & maintenance for TIP, ISO & GMS
• Provide an environment which stimulates team member involvement and personal growth
• Provide customer support for Paint and General Assembly
• Lead problem solving activities work with Stamping and outside suppliers to resolve process related issues
• Extensive understanding of body welding, fastening, dispense, dimensional control and metal finish
• Process validation experience with new equipment build, installation and start-up
• Broad knowledge of manufacturing and quality processes
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Must be willing to rotate shifts
• Extensive ISO Knowledge
• Extensive GMS Knowledge
• Bachelor degree (Mechanical or Electrical)
• Production and/or maintenance leadership experience
• Launch experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected veteran status.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities