The job has been added to the Job cart.
The policy of GeneralMotors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on anequal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion,national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteranstatus. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal EmploymentOpportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers includingindividuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assistwith your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description ofthe specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title andrequisition number of the position for which you are applying.
The GPD ECS (Electrical Controls & Software) SET(Systems Engineering Tools) IBM Rational Tools Analyst and Administrator willbe responsible for application planning, support, and administration for a largesuite of IBM Rational tools: Rational Synergy, Rational Team Concert, RationalDOORS, Rational Quality Manager, Rational Design Manager, and RationalEngineering Lifecycle Manager. This person will work on a highly collaborative,cross-functional team and will assume a key role on various new initiatives insupport of Embedded Controls Engineering. This person will…
· Gather user requirements and set expectations ofproduct capabilities.
· Support planning of road maps of productcapabilities and user requirements.
· Plan and implement new releases of the latesttool versions.
· Mentor less senior developers/analysts andcontribute to collective team knowledge.
· Plan and implement policies and procedures forcontinuous improvement of application delivery and support.
Prospective candidates should possess a high degree ofbusiness insight, creativity, decision making skills, a drive for results, theability to negotiate, the ability to develop peer relationships, and a strongtechnical learning capability.
Qualifications - Minimum Qualifications:
· Significant experience with at least 2 IBM Rational tools.
· Experience with both analysis and planning of product roll-outs as well as application management and administration.
· High degree of self-initiative and able to individually deliver assigned tasks within defined time frames.
· Proven experience diagnosing infrastructure issues such as network and database is a plus
· Proficiency in scripting language, e.g., Shell, PERL, etc is a plus
· 6+ years software application development
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
· Must have strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across matrix teams
· Demonstrates a good work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
Some travel required
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities