The job has been added to the Job cart.
Engineering Group Manager – Active Safety Functional Safety Validation
Leading of team of engineering who are spending time out in vehicles at MPG developing test procedures and validating the latest active safety technologies. Helping to lead the industry in the rollout of the features, test practices, instrumentation, and future facility growth at MPG and globally.
• Lead and manage team of engineers responsible for functional safety testing on Active Safety features and subsystems for all GMNA homeroom and regionally supported programs.
• Provide technical leadership relative to creation of electrical validation test procedures and problem solving issues found during validation testing,
• Manage the engineering execution of team as related to the vehicle development process and VeSCoM deliverables. Ensure timely execution of standard work
• Ensure collaborative and efficient cross-functional interaction with SMT Design Release teams, Controls Managers, Vehicle System Engineers and program management.
• Identifies & leads staffing initiatives for team, prioritizes work based on available resources, and forecasts future growth.
• Conducts regularly scheduled Group Meetings, Communicates GM Policies & Procedures, Leadership and Safety Messages. Creates and communicates initiatives specific to functional responsibilities in support of business plan objectives and deliverables.
• Ensures employees complete all mandatory GM training and any specific training related to functional responsibility. Understands & supports employee's career development goals. Develops and executes initiatives to improve work team capability and increase work team capacity.
• Reviews and approves employee work and overtime schedules, expenses, and other work-related data.
• Reviews deliverables and behavior, providing candid & constructive feedback. Conducts performance interventions when necessary.
• Formally & informally recognizes employee's contributions. Provides timely and consistent feedback to direct employees as appropriate. Participates in compensation planning and administers compensation treatment.
• Observes and steps up to remove roadblocks and resolve potential issues.
• Stays current with technological advancements
· Strong understanding ofthe GM vehicle development process
· Prior Release and / orDevelopment / Validation experience with Electronics, Software & Controls,and / or full vehicle electrical systems
· Experience in leadingprojects and people
· Ability to identify andremove roadblocks and escalate as appropriate
· Highly developed oraland written communication skills
· Excellent conflictresolution skills
· Demonstrated leadershipability
· High level ofinterpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, anddrive work output
· Ability to create andmaintain an environment that enables all participants to contribute to fullpotential
· Strong problem solvingability
· DFSS Black Belt
· BS in Engineeringrequired (ME or EE concentration preferred)
· Experience in ActiveSafety preferred
· Experience in FunctionalSafety preferred
· This position requirethe ability to legally operate a motor vehicle on a regular basis
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities