The job has been added to the Job cart.
A highly motivated, engaged, organized self-starter with strong analytic and technical skills. Demonstrates the ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative. Responsible for developing financial forecast for Budget and 10-year Long Term Plan and providing supporting analysis.
• Provides robust financial analysis, consultation and decision support, ability to translate analysis (80/20 rule)
• Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline and support decision making
• Prepares, analyzes, and selects the best methods of presenting various data (reports, charts, diagrams). Summarize findings in concise and creative ways.
• Develop and utilize financial analysis tools to identify and evaluate financial and business opportunities and risks
• Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies, understands the drivers
• Effectively communicate up and down the organization, as well across the various markets and functions
• Manage risk and exposure
Essential Qualifications and Requirements
• College degree(s) with a major in finance, accounting and/or business related degrees or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
• Some general finance experience preferred
• Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally with many disciplines within GM, such as: Marketing, Sales, Product Development, Engineering and various financial staffs
• Understand the business (a business person first, has an operating mindset)
• Problem solving and analytical abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and partnerships
• Strong oral and written communication skills (effective communications up/down/across the organization)
• Highly proficient personal computer skills
• Ability to prioritize assignments/projects and multi-task within restricted time constraints (Fast/Responsive)
• Ability to perform under tight deadlines (occasionally)
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to perform special assignments with minimal supervision
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities