The job has been added to the Job cart.
Dynamic, self-starter position leading Buick-GMC brand communications in the western half of the United States. Requires the ability to build strong media relationships, engage in creative storytelling and aggressively seek out brand building opportunities that align with goals. This position will have a dual reporting structure into the West Coast Regional Communications Manager/Brand Communications and the Director of Buick-GMC Communications. Position is based in GM's Westlake Village, CA office.
• Develop broadcast, print and online media strategies and regional plans to enhance the reputation of Buick and GMC brands and products
• Grow relationships with relevant automotive, lifestyle, business media and influencers, to extend the brands’ reach and secure positive earned media coverage
• Manage executive media engagements in CA for Buick and GMC
• Develop and support west coast drive programs, regional auto shows, regional marketing initiatives as extensions of national Buick and GMC brand plans and serve as valuable resource for providing local market insights and recommendations
• Participate in day-to-day management of agency partners (media fleet, creative/AOR)
• Use in-depth understanding of business, people and products to facilitate creative regional storytelling that supports larger Buick and GMC brand vision and business objectives
• Provide recommendations on best practices, new applications, insights and trends as applicable to Buick and GMC brand building efforts.
• Assist West Coast Regional Brand Communications Manager with aligning data, analytics and best practices, as they relate to press fleet, media associations and regional activations, to improve the brands overall image, reputation and storytelling objectives
• Assist with maintaining an accurate west coast media contact list that aligns with Buick and GMC media targets
• Create and pitch story ideas to automotive, business, social and lifestyle media including developing and writing press releases/materials to support stories
• Manage west coast Buick and GMC media fleet, including priority loans and regular outreach for relationship building
• Manage budget for approved media activities and events
Skills & Behaviors:
• Fundamental knowledge of underlying theory and principles of communications
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Creativity in storytelling and problem-solving
• Diplomatic and resourceful
• Strategic focus to planning
• Excellent written communications skills
• Credible media relations skills
• Social media expertise
• Ability to work independently and cross-functionally
• Flexibility and ability to manage ambiguity
• BA in communications or related field
• 5 years of professional experience
• Automotive communications experience preferred
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities