PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the General Motors Product Development IT team:
At GM IT we are geared towards meeting and exceeding the goals and aspirations of our customers. The GM IT Team is focused on creating an exciting environment that not only motivates, but challenges technically adept professionals. We’re building on our momentum and we’re changing the way we do things. We’re shifting our focus from running the business to advancing innovation.
In short, we’re currently seeking the next generation of game-changers to help us usher in a new age of automotive IT innovation. Are you ready to rise to the challenge?
Global Product Development-Global Connect Vehicle IT designs and develops solutions enabling Vehicle Cyber Security, Infotainment, Over the Air vehicle updates, and Active safety applications supporting GM’s world-renowned vehicle lineup. Our Goal is to effectively and efficiently develop and deliver focused, world-class solutions to our product development teams that drive business value to meet the most critical business needs. Our industry leading developers, engineers, testers and architects work closely with product engineers to design the world’s best products and a truly phenomenal customer experience.
About the role:
The Development Manager will work alongside Developers, Architects, Engineers and other stakeholders to perform the following tasks using a combination of solid business understanding, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, experienced coding and design, as well as excellent facilitation techniques.
- Hands on management role requiring at least 50% coding.
- Facilitate meetings/requirements gathering sessions with the business using various requirements elicitation techniques: interviewing, modeling, use case development, etc.
- Manage the development, implementation, installation, and operation of information and functional systems for the organization
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Develop, implement, and support GCV back office IT systems
- Recommend and develop plans for systems development and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing
- Support planning initiatives by developing use cases, requirements, cost analysis, benefits to GM, and building relationships with key business partners.
- Support product management by ensuring product roadmaps, dependencies across products, and product backlogs are maintained properly
- Direct and Manage full lifecycle of application development
- Software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, software reliability analysis, Object-oriented Analysis and Design
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.