The job has been added to the Job cart.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP NOW OR IN THE FUTURE TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. WEARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the Role:
The GMIT Manufacturing OPS Specialist Staff team member has on site responsibility for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to information technology and business unit objectives in a highly demanding dynamic GM Manufacturing Facility. More specifically, this role will perform tasks requiring on-site support for basic & intermediate level requests for applications, client, network & infrastructure support per the responsibilities listed below. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The working hours will fluctuate from 1st shift, 2nd shift and 3rd shift and include Saturday and Sunday hours. Flexibility is a paramount.
• Coordinating and performing work under general direction from their IT manager, in-line with GMIT policies and procedures
• Contact application lead, business owner, and lead business stakeholders by shift as needed
• Lead support for one or more local unique applications, only if the site has local unique applications
• Initiate incident process and follow-up
• Configure PC/printer mappings
• Provide initial troubleshooting of Internet connectivity issues
• Perform asset audits
• Build clients (GMOL/plant floor/wireless) per automated build script
• Configure a mobile phone for the plant
• Configure a plant floor scanner
• Configure a plant floor printer
• Audit Telecommunications Closets
• Swap switches with little guidance as needed
• Produce Cornerstone documentation and follow-up on compliance
• Power up/down infrastructure equipment
Why General Motors?
AtGM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell theworld’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing oneof the largest information technology transformations in the history of theautomotive industry. GM IT is a leaderin cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-CriticalBusiness Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing.We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionalslooking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that isre-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants andemployees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color,sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors iscommitted to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offersopportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search orapplication for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In youremail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you arerequesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position forwhich you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities