The job has been added to the Job cart.
Opportunity to become a Brake System Integration Engineer (SIE) in the Chassis Systems Engineering Organization.
The Brake SIE is responsible to ensure that the Brake features/systems are integrated properly and work as expected under all operating conditions. The Brake SIE will work closely with the autonomous vehicle program development teams to quickly resolve integration issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify that a feature operates as intended under all conditions
- Evaluate at periodic intervals including initial release and subsequent releases with major changes for earliest possible identification of feature or system gaps to expectations
-Work with feature owners, system engineers, and lead system validation engineers to ensure appropriate test coverage
- Troubleshoot pre & post production vehicle level integration issues
- Root cause and document integration issues
- Work with appropriate subsystem, component, algorithm, and/or calibration engineers to quickly resolve issues
- Create and maintain the vehicle programs feature content matrix (i.e., which variant of feature is on program)
- Support test procedures, process, and quality improvement initiatives
- Support feature benchmarking and clinic activities
- Generate benchmarking/clinic test requirements/procedure
- Perform and participate in benchmarking/clinic test
- Document benchmarking/clinic results
- Some travel may be required
- Candidate must have one of the following engineering degrees: BS in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, or Computer Science Engineering
- Four or more years automotive, subsystem, or component development experience
- Working knowledge of Brake Systems and its mechanical, electromechanical, and electrical components
- Understand vehicle development, verification, validation, and manufacturing processes
- Proactive /results driven individual with high levels of initiative
- Successful at solving complex problems
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within multi-disciplinary, and globally distributed teams
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to learn and quickly apply new skills/knowledge
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
Register for weekly updates about similar job opportunities