PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
About the General Motors Global Connected Vehicle Team:
The Global Connected Vehicle team (GCV) builds cutting-edge systems in the fields of Vehicle Cybersecurity, Vehicle to Vehicle Communications (active safety), Vehicle Analytics, and more. We work across many of the different teams at General Motors (including Autonomous Vehicle and Electric Vehicle) to provide solutions that help address the new challenges facing the automotive industry as vehicles become smarter and more connected. We are looking for software engineers who are interested, excited and comfortable working in this new frontier of the automotive industry.
The Global Connected Vehicle team is a member of Global Product Development IT who designs and develops solutions enabling computer-aided engineering, design and test, and mobile applications supporting GM’s world-renowned vehicle safety and performance programs.
About the Role:
Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of web programming and architecture experience. Candidate will have extensive experience with the design and development of web based applications and enterprise integrations as they will be ultimately responsible of the success of both the technical and functional aspects of a given project. Candidate must possess a proven history of success as a technical team leader. Candidate must have excellent time management and communication skills as they will need to communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience. Candidate must have proven experience dealing directly and successfully with individuals outside of the technology organization. Candidate also must have willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Lead good software engineering practices including configuration management
- Take leadership in proposing, researching and implementing creative technology solutions
- Perform the lead technical role in designing and implementing practical, maintainable project solutions
- Define and implement organizational engineering best practices
- Ensure a consistent focus on quality for the entire project
- Perform code reviews; developing and adhering to coding standards
- Stay current with emerging technologies and techniques
- Stay current with rapidly changing web standards
- Drive the adoption of emerging technologies
- Mentor team members
- Work with other departments to ensure high quality and timely delivery
- Must have 7+ years of Java Programming
- Must have 5+ years with Spring Framework (or similar)
- Must have demonstrated proficiency with object oriented methodologies
- Must have 5+ years with MVC design pattern
- Proficient with source-control tools and practices
- Must have work experience with Agile practices (Scrum Methodology)
- Proficient with XML, SOAP, RESTful, and JSON
- Proficient with server technologies (Weblogic, Tomcat or similar)
- Proficient with CSS3, HTML5, and client-side best practices
- Proficient with design and architecture documentation
- Experience with database concepts and systems (Oracle, SQL Server)
- Experience with coding and designing related to cryptography, code-signing and software security
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.