eSAP AP/AR Transformation Analyst
OVERVIEW AND OBJECTIVES
Seeking an outstanding individual to join our enterprise SAP (eSAP) Accounts Payable (AP)/Accounts Receivable (AR) Transformation team to drive data-driven decisions, influence cross-functional leads across the globe to drive common standards and processes on eSAP AP and AR project initiatives. This position offers a great career opportunity in GM Finance’s Global Business Services.
eSAP is one of GM’s top Finance Priority Initiatives (FPI), as it enables end-to-end transformation of GM’s global business processes. This is an excellent opportunity to develop leadership, critical thinking, and communication skills while playing a vital role in transforming the business in a dynamic global organization.
This position will require partnership and collaboration with business process subject matter experts, SAP teams (Business, PMO, and IT), and key stakeholders across multiple business units and regions to create solutions with a strong value proposition. To be successful, the candidate must possess exceptional customer-focus / service and be able to work with many different personalities.
We are looking for a team member with thorough accounting/finance, process improvement experience and exceptional project management skills. Work involves a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, creativity, and initiative.
Primary responsibilities include documenting change areas, assisting in user acceptance and/or simulation testing to obtain understanding of the system functionality, training content development and delivery, providing end user support and post-go live issue resolution. End user scope covers the entire request-to-pay (RTP) and order-to-cash (OTC) space, including plant / site customers (requestors), purchasing agents, suppliers, dealers, and accounts payable/receivable personnel.
- Work with various groups impacted by the eSAP Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable projects to document current state and business requirements for the future state
- Document change areas, identify system shortcomings and workarounds, and create procedures that explain use of new systems and processes to impacted end users
- Gather, analyze, and define end user requirements for training for each impacted audience in accordance with business objectives and lead the team responsible for training development
- Design and develop training materials to support AP/AR Transformation deployments, working closely with the SAP Business and Operational teams
- Develop a project plan for various work streams and manage to ensure timely project completion
- Act as the subject matter expert for assistance with the Accounts Payable Portal
- Maintain and develop content for the Accounts Payable Portal training library
- Design and develop local training materials to support project launches using instructional design techniques and using various media including Virtual Classroom training, web based training, instructor led, self-paced, video conferencing, job aids, etc.
- Provide ongoing expertise/support to the user community
- Develop communication plans and write associated communications to end users
- Triage user issues and work with the Technical Sustain Team on resolution if identified as system defects after go-live
- Evaluate Helpdesk requests to identity trends and opportunities for new or improved desk procedures and support materials
- Develop, prepare and execute supplementary training / education initiatives (specialized SAP Bootcamps, refresher sessions, etc.)
- Regularly assess and analyze training needs, identify gaps and recommend solutions
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- 1-3 years’ experience providing exceptional service and support to end users
- 1-3 years’ experience in course design, curriculum design, training or e-learning
- Hands-on experience with one or more SAP applications (SRM, ECC, Business Warehouse)
- Experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Ability to quickly understand new business processes and technology
- Expert knowledge of the following computer tools and systems:
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Highly developed knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles
- Proven ability to create and deliver engaging and effective training initiatives to build and grow essential knowledge and enhance user adoption
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication and facilitation skills
- Highly developed writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and cross departmental.
- High level of interpersonal skills with all levels of management
KEY LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES
- Ability to multi-task many related activities to achieve a common goal