- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field with adequate experience in the field of information security is acceptable.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience in either: security assurance, penetration testing, or vulnerability management
- Programming experience in Java, C++, Perl or Python
- Experience with white-box or gray-box testing
- Experience with application security source code reviews
- Advanced knowledge of operating system and database security (Windows, Unix, Linux, SQL, and Oracle etc.)
- Experience in the security aspects of multiple platforms, operating systems, software, communications, and network protocols
- Hands-on experience with commercial and open-source network and application security testing tools
- Demonstrated sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive ability to transform technical concepts into usable documented material for non-technical users
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Work independently and manage workload with organization to meet expectations and objectives.
- Absorb, retain and organize information gathered from multiple sources and in a variety of formats.
- High level of integrity in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience developing exploits
- Obtained certifications in one or more of the following preferred:
- CISSP, GIAC, CEH
Why General Motors?
At GM, we’ve charged ourselves with one mission: to design, build and sell the world’s best vehicles. And to achieve our goals, we’re currently undergoing one of the largest information technology transformations in the history of the automotive industry.
GM IT is a leader in cutting edge technologies such as Mobility, Telematics, Mission-Critical Business Systems, Supercomputing, Vehicle Engineering, and Real-time Computing. We offer challenging growth oriented positions for passionate professionals looking to get in on the ground-floor of a growing “Fortune 5” firm that is re-inventing IT with a laser focus on innovation, speed, and business value.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.