The successful candidate will be leading the system and capability development of Automated Driving (L2++) or ADAS (Advanced Driving Assistance Systems) with multi-functional development teams: software teams, validation teams, system safety teams, architecture teams, design and release teams, and other key partners.
- Lead and develop technical solutions including use cases, system requirements, system design, functional decomposition and allocation, system behaviour and structural diagrams, and interface definitions.
- Perform deeply complex trade-off studies to balance performance with complexity and cost.
- Lead Failure Mode Analysis (FMEA) activities and allocate identified failure modes to development teams.
- Be the subject matter expert (SME) for AD and ADAS capabilities.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system specifications with tools such as Jama.
- 5+ years of automotive systems engineering experience and 8+ of total engineering experience.
- Deep knowledge of Systems Engineering principles and a proven track record of successful implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as AD/ADAS systems, chassis and vehicle dynamics, automotive networks, propulsion, body controls, infotainment (HMI) etc.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to engineering sites and supplier offices as required.