On-site: This position requires an employee to be on-site on a full-time basis.
The Automation Controls engineering position will include the design, build, and troubleshooting of electrical control or robotic systems for machinery and equipment that manufacture best-in-class and tech-forward vehicles.
What You'll Do (Responsibilities)
Apply your technical expertise in order to deliver automation equipment supporting GM manufacturing processes
Implement standards and procedures as you work along side with automation system suppliers to coordinate machine modification needs with engineering and maintenance
Develop, debug, and troubleshoot control logic programs or robot programs along with other related functions at either the supplier or plant site
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering or Technical based diploma or equivalent work experience or training
· 2+ years of experience in manufacturing environment
· Controls experience in manufacturing environment (Controls Engineer)
· PLC experience with ladder logic, and schematics (Controls Engineer)
What Can Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications)
· Experience with Siemens, Allen-Bradley PLC