General Motors is transforming the future of mobility – and the Canadian Technical Centre (CTC) is at the forefront of that transformation. We are a diverse team of agile and innovative thought leaders who are passionate about developing key technologies and products that will help achieve GM’s vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion.
CTC has a proven track record of taking technologies from concept to production in both automotive and non-automotive areas. Our success is propelled by our talented people and our deep technical knowledge in domains like infotainment software, diagnostics, data analytics, AI, mechatronic controls, and cold weather development. If you want to work with an inclusive and collaborative team that’s striving to change the world for the better, we invite you to join us.
- Leads and generates technical solutions including specifying of requirements, functional decomposition, analysis, development and testing for current, new and major programs
- Lead development of software system team design content and software anomaly corrections.
- Performs complex design analysis
- Specifies and balances system requirements
- Provide, communicate, and support common best practices among software community
- Performs as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for at least one platform or application component
- Visibility: at the site/team level and performs other related duties as assigned
As an Infotainment Location Software Developer you will be responsible for contributing to the creation, maintenance, and support of location and navigation functionality within the General Motors Infotainment system. Your contributions will make sure customer enjoy the seamless navigation experience of GM infotainment system.
What we need you to do:
- Lead the design and integration of map and navigation solutions into infotainment system
- Contribute as a designer and developer to design, code, and release software for an Android based infotainment system
- Participate in improving and maintaining existing Infotainment Software
- Participate in feature requirements analysis and test-case design review
- Participate in integration testing with different ECUs
- Collaborate with other engineers by using Scrum/Agile development process.
- Be able to occasionally travel domestically
Who We Are Seeking
- 5+ years of hands on experience developing applications or middleware for embedded/mobile platforms using Java, C++ or C
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code
- Software platform development experience, such as Linux and Android platform
- Commercial software development experience in Java, C++ or C.
- Familiar with Android development toolkit, test frameworks and process
- Experience with SCM tools, GIT, GitHub, JIRA, Jenkins, etc.
- Experience of Scrum/Agile software development process
- Creative, discipline, strong sense of responsibility, delivery and schedule commitment
- Very good oral and written communication skills
Other Skills Preferred
- Working experience of developing navigation and location system
- Canada G driver license
Compensation and Benefits:
- GM's Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs.
- GM's comprehensive compensation and benefits plan is carefully designed and thoroughly benchmarked against the companies that we compete for talent in the local market.
- The goal of the General Motors of Canada total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan currently includes the following benefits, in addition to many others.
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and supplemental benefits for pregnancy, parental and adoption leave.
- Healthcare, dental and vision benefits including health care spending account and wellness incentive.
- Life insurance plans to cover you and your family.
- Company and matching contributions to a Defined Contribution Pension plan to help you save for retirement.
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values.
- Tuition Assistance and Employee Assistance Program.
- GM Vehicle Purchase Plan for you, your family and friends.