General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 850 people working in an hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
Our Software Defined Vehicle IL (SDV IL) – Energy and Mobility Application Group develops a broad range of Web and Mobile based connected vehicle systems, including autonomous fleet management, mobility services, electric vehicle digital user experience, as well as next generation of OnStar online services for consumers and Cars.
SDV – ‘Software Defined Vehicle’ is a new group that is developing vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels. The SDV teams are supporting the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility service.
We're looking for an innovative data engineering Team Leader to lead a new team in GM which will be responsible for building a new intelligent location based context engine which will provide effective personalization, and will bring the ability to understand our customers current context and deliver to their exact need in the right moment it is needed. You will be in responsible of architecting, building, and maintaining a new ‘vehicle to cloud’ ML data pipelines harnessing billions of data points and serving millions of users inside and outside the vehicle. You will work closely with the product manager(s), user experience teams, and other groups of exceptional engineering teams
What will you do?
- You will perform hands on design and programming for high bandwidth system development
- Lead a team of skilled engineers, guiding them to deliver exceptional results and fostering professional growth.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify data requirements and develop scalable solutions that optimize our technology products.
- Drive the design and implementation of robust data pipelines, ensuring data quality, reliability, and security.
- Analyze and interpret complex data sets to uncover valuable insights and inform strategic business decisions.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and advancements in data engineering, and champion their integration into our processes and technologies.
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
Please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)
For any question, please contact the TA team: ta.israel@GM.com
Your Skills & Abilities (Required Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software Engineering
- Over 10 years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience working on multiple data sources and types of data analysis tasks
- Experience applying machine learning techniques to solve real-world problems.
- Knowledge of geospatial data, algorithms, and location-based services.
- Proven ability to design and build scalable systems using big data.
- Experience working with large datasets, including statistical analysis, data quality control, and storage optimization.
- A collaborative and curious mindset, coupled with a passion for using advanced ML techniques to create a meaningful global impac