- Hybrid : Position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time but the general expectation is that the employee be onsite an average of three (3) days each week.
As an Associate, you will support and consult with multiple facets of the General Motors global portfolio by solving meaningful and critical strategic issues facing the company.
GM Finance built the Corporate Finance Leadership Development Program, consisting of rotations within the Treasurer's Office/GM Finance with the intention of developing broad financial and consulting skills and producing the next generation of Finance leaders at General Motors.
Treasury Management Potential Program:
This program comprises select employees who are currently pursuing an MBA and graduating between November of 2023–August of 2024 and have several years of prior work experience. This program offers approximately three to four (3-4) rotational assignments in high visibility areas. Associates will rotate on average every 12-15 months pending demonstrated performance in each rotation. Upon successful completion of the program, Associates are expected to take on important managerial roles within the finance organization.
New Associates are given immediate and meaningful responsibilities and are exposed to a wide range of strategic and financial assignments. Depending on the rotation, Associates may work on diverse projects such as handling GM’s cash investment portfolio, developing an FX risk management policy, analyzing investments in new ventures, setting corporate liquidity policy, handling global bank relations, issuing bonds, etc. These diverse and exciting rotations provide an excellent training ground for a career in corporate finance – program graduates will become part of a successful group of alumni.
The rotational positions available cover all areas of the Treasurer’s Office including but not limited to: Capital Planning & Corporate Finance, Corporate Special Projects, Debt & Equity Capital Markets, Foreign Exchange & Commodities, Cash Investments & Structured Finance, Auto Finance, Treasury Operations, Supplier Finance Risk Management, and Pensions Strategy. There is also opportunity to rotate to other areas of GM such as Corporate Development, Financial Planning & Analysis, and select Operational Finance roles across functions (e.g., product development, supply chain) and business units (e.g., North America, Customer Care & Aftersales).
These positions are primarily in SE Michigan, but in later rotations may be in other USA/overseas business units or regional treasury centers.
Required Qualifications :
- Pursuit of an MBA degree with preferred undergraduate degree background in Finance, Economics, or Accounting
- Must be graduating from MBA program between November 2023 - August 2024
- Prior work experience of at least three years
What Will Give You A Competitive Edge (Preferred Qualifications) :
- Familiarity in use of common financial tools (ROIC, NPV, IRR, etc.)
- Knowledge of corporate finance principles including ability to perform balance sheet analysis, income statement analysis, cash flow statement analysis, capital structure analysis, etc.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles
- Critical thinking and inquisitive mind
- Sophisticated Excel skills and strong modeling and financial valuation skills
- Can provide accurate, timely and reliable reporting and controls
- Ability to grasp the “big picture” and underlying strategic issues
- Ability to develop solutions to sophisticated problems
- Ability to bring new perspective to challenges and effectively communicate advantages to such perspectives/ideas
Project Management / Client Management
- Ability to ask critical questions and gather data
- Ability to coordinate and handle tasks within a broader project
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently with minimal mentorship/supervision
- Proactively works to resolve issues and move project tasks forward
Teamwork / Leadership Skills
- Ability to work with people within and outside the group, including cross-functional partners
- Works with sense of urgency to complete assignments
- Solves problems and develops new methods of analysis to streamline decision making
- Searches out and corrects inconsistent data; finds and fixes root cause of inconsistencies; understands the drivers
Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Ability to structure presentations in straightforward, efficient manner
- Effective business writer; able to provide a short synopsis and recommendation
The salary for this role is $125,000 per year
An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance
Relocation assistance is available to candidates who meet eligibility requirements.