- Collaborate with and lead cross domain and cross discipline expert teams to define system design decisions and implement technical solutions.
- Support the development of the overall Systems Architecture for new AD and ADAS systems and capture the necessary architectural views (functional, logical, mechanization, etc.) in models.
- Define systems architecture roadmap to scale new architectures for future vehicle and electrical platform variants.
- Understand the existing electrical architecture where the new AD and ADAS system will be integrated. Propose necessary solutions to support seamless integration of the AD and ADAS system and their sensing systems into the existing architecture.
- Evaluate and define the function allocation and communication protocol, coordinate and modify the topology to meet local application needs.
- Formulate the overall hardware design scheme, review and guide the hardware design of each domain, improve the reusability of functions, optimize the hardware and communication strategy of each domain from platform perspective.
- Ensure the requirements for the Compute System have been fulfilled including power, thermal, and environmental requirements like EMC, Vibration, Water Proof, etc.
- Evaluate functional requirements, integrate system analysis results, and technical system requirements into system technical specification (cross-domain if needed) as required
- Take lead for technical review activities, actively involve relevant technical discussions and provide solutions across internal and external stakeholders
- Lead risk assessments on unavoidable deviations from requirements
- Support both internal and external Integration and Verification teams for trouble shooting and refine the architecture and requirement as needed
- 5+ years of automotive systems engineering experience with proven track record of implementing AD/ADAS system architectures.
- Deep knowledge of Systems Engineering and Systems Architecture principles and a proven track record of successful implementation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing and comprehending software and hardware requirements and interfaces.
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as AD/ADAS systems, chassis and vehicle dynamics, automotive networks, propulsion, body controls, infotainment (HMI) etc.
- Understanding of the basics for sensing systems particularly for AD/ADAS systems including Compute System, Lidar, Radar, Camera, and Ultra-Sonic sensors.
- Established knowledge of automotive communication systems including CAN, Ethernet, and Wireless communication along with the fundamental diagnostic strategies.
- Experience of automotive data acquisition systems for example INCA, CANalyzer, etc.
- High level of oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to engineering sites and supplier offices as required.